Skip to main content

What can older people do for young people?

Using their knowledge, young people will become smarter with technology….

I came home with popsicles and a cool midnight breeze. Yesterday’s heat was painful, but it seems that it has become a little easier to spend at night.

older
young
sharing
knowledge
Counseling
support
participation
Providing

When I got back to my room, the air in the room was hot and humid. It’s not that surprising. When I go out, I leave the curtains on the south window of my room open. It’s for security reasons. I think if someone broke into my room, being able to see him from the street would deter crime.

However, the trade-off is that if you don’t close the curtains, direct sunlight will enter the room, making the room even hotter. That’s why I decided to close the curtains when I go out. That way, even on a hot and humid night, you’ll be a little cooler when you return to your room.

After relaxing in the room for a while, the cool night breeze blew comfortably. Also, the popsicles I held in my hand began to melt. Enjoying popsicles on a summer night is an indescribably happy moment.

When I think about it, I feel that the image of me eating popsicles in spite of the heat symbolizes a society where the elderly and the young live together.

Older people can do a lot for young people. We respect and share their experiences and knowledge so that we can grow together. As a young person myself, I cherish the opportunity to receive advice and guidance from the elderly.

Seniors can also help improve technical support and digital literacy. Using their knowledge, young people will become smarter with technology.

Comments