Skip to main content

when concepts are highly elevated

The tree was safe now, and I could enjoy its beauty for years to come…..

The morning sun shone through the window, waking me up. I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to make coffee. As I was waiting for the coffee to brew, I thought about what I needed to do that day.

One of the things on my list was to spray pesticides on the fragrant rhinoceros tree. I had been meaning to do it for a while, but I had been putting it off. The tree was covered in moths, and I knew that if I didn’t do something soon, they would start to damage the tree.

I went outside and got the pesticide sprayer. I put on my gloves and mask, and I started spraying the tree. The moths fluttered around, trying to escape, but I was able to get them all.

As I was spraying, I thought about the time three years ago when I had sprayed pesticides at night. I had been trying to get rid of the moths, but it hadn’t worked. The next morning, I had opened the window and a moth had swooped toward me. I had been so startled that I had dropped the coffee pot. The coffee had spilled all over the floor, and I had had to clean it up.

I had been a little shaken by that experience, but I knew that I needed to spray the tree again. The moths were a threat to the tree, and I didn’t want them to damage it.

I finished spraying the tree and went back inside. I took off my gloves and mask, and I poured myself a cup of coffee. As I sat at the kitchen table, I thought about the concept of theoretical failure.

I had read about theoretical failure in a book. The author had said that when a concept is highly elevated, it sometimes triggers a theoretical failure. This meant that when people think about something too much, they can start to believe things that aren’t true.

I thought about the time I had sprayed pesticides at night. I had been so focused on getting rid of the moths that I had forgotten about the dangers of pesticides. I had been lucky that I hadn’t been hurt.

I knew that I needed to be careful about what I thought about. I didn’t want to trigger a theoretical failure.

Existing conceptual framework
Advancements and observations
Challenges and anomalies
Efforts to reconcile
Limits of reconciliation
Theoretical bankruptcy
Emergence of new theories
Paradigm shift

I finished my coffee and went to get ready for the day. As I was getting dressed, I thought about the fragrant rhinoceros tree. I knew that I had done the right thing by spraying it with pesticides. The tree was safe now, and I could enjoy its beauty for years to come.

Comments