Skip to main content

Be not the other thing, but the one thing that has changed

She must have known that I had already confirmed the basic schedule for next month.....

“I printed out your schedule for next month. Let me give it to you.”

thank you. I thanked a woman in her early twenties.
The woman’s specialty is that she can talk to someone while drinking vegetable juice. I think this is definitely a skill.

What are the conditions for change to be recognized?
Everyone knows that all things will change over time.
However, certain conditions must be met for the change to be recognized.
The condition is that the rate of change is appropriate.
If change happens too quickly, we don’t perceive it as change.
Rather, we think that something else happened.

She puts the vegetable juice in her mouth and swallows it while her conversation partner sucks in air.
While her conversation partner is speaking, she holds a glass of vegetable juice close to her face while one eye is looking at her conversation partner.
Such a sequence of actions is so functional that people don’t think of her as a rude woman.

When can change be noticed?
And after some time has passed since the other thing happened, we will realize: it is not the other thing, but the one thing that has changed.

I received a piece of paper with an itemized schedule for the next month and was silent for a split second.
Because, well, I already know the schedule for next month. I checked it on someone’s terminal display a few days ago.
But the paper even included things other than the schedule. As I read it, it contained things I didn’t know yet.
She must have known that I had already confirmed the basic schedule for next month.

Do you already know your schedule for next month?

Nepal plane crash: At least 68 killed as Yeti Airlines aircraft comes down near city of Pokhara | CNN
Nepal plane crash: At least 68 killed as Yeti Airlines aircraft comes down near city of Pokhara | CNN… Seventy-two people …

That’s all for today’s post. Thank you

Showing posts matching

Comments