Skip to main content

How to overcome arbitrariness in the use of language?

In any case, I wonder what was the heavy thing in the paper bag.....

“She has light brown hair and is about the same height as you. She is wearing a beige jacket. She seems to be still nearby, so if you find such a woman, give it to her.”

language
chosen
arbitrary
overcome
picture

The paper bag given to me

was small enough to fit on my palm. It’s small but heavy for some reason.
I drew a picture in my head. Light brown hair, beige coat. Well, I can’t imagine what kind of eyes, nose and mouth she has.
I’m a little troubled. All the women involved in our hangout are dyeing their hair. There are several women with light brown hair.
As I walked, I imagined if I couldn’t find the owner of this paper bag. With this paper bag, I wonder if I have to keep walking from one end of the street to the other.
I even wonder if I have to hold a paper bag overhead and wait for someone who doesn’t have a face to find me.

What is the duality of linguistic expression?

Language is an arbitrary expression as long as it is used to give an explanation to an empty space.
In other words, the language is chosen at the discretion of the user. If it goes for the better, it may be called an aesthetic expression.
On the contrary, if it goes wrong, it will be called a hoax.
However, under certain limited circumstances, the above-mentioned arbitrariness in the use of language is overcome by some means. One of the means is to draw a picture.
In short, objectivity or accuracy is relatively certain when certain explanations or reports are carried out not only by language but even by drawing.
However, even so, let’s think that the arbitrariness remains even in the explanation by the picture or the figure. Because, except for realistic paintings, the figures drawn for explanation are always extremely abstract or impressionist.
Showing posts matching


“Oh, thank you! I forgot to bring it. Thank you for delivering this.”
I felt that the paper bag wasn’t very important to her. Because she received it with one hand.
Rather, the figure of a woman approaching when I showed the paper bag to the surroundings at the bicycle parking lot betrayed the picture I imagined. The woman’s hair is almost golden and she wears a leather jacket.
That man’s perception of her seems to have been quite vague. In any case, I wonder what was the heavy thing in the paper bag.

Moroccan boy trapped in well has died, according to state media - CNN
Moroccan boy trapped in well has died, according to state media - CNN… The 5-year-old boy, previously identified only as Rayan, …

That’s all for today’s post. Thank you

Comments