Skip to main content

Trust to some extent if each piece of information is consistent with each other

Oh, the smell of roasting dried chicken.....

“The meeting place is a small cafeteria. It’s on the first floor of a commercial building that you know. You’ll find it easily. It’s on the east side of the building.”

There seems to be a designated eatery between a shop serving hard, tiny fried chicken and an unnamed Asian dish. I first searched for a fried chicken booth.
I’m in a hurry, so I’m irritated by the slow pace of the people in front of me. Today is a weekday, isn’t it? So why not walk faster?
Recently, I feel that my reputation is getting worse. Apparently, I’m a person who neglects promises.

How to trust information?
One concrete example of information sensitivity is the attitude of questioning the relationships between information.
When we come across new information, in evaluating it we examine its relevance to other similar information.
And if each piece of information is consistent with each other, the information is trusted to some extent. I have to admit that this is a valid ritual.
But this method is just a way of arranging information like a constellation. We tend to believe it by the arrangement of information groups.

I can’t find the fast food restaurant I’m looking for. Against the flow of pedestrians, I went out to the east side of the building and circled around. If that chicken shop was nearby, it would have that particular weird smell, but it doesn’t smell like that.
To begin with, the area on the east side of this building is lined with boutiques selling branded bags, furs and accessories. If a place like this filled with the smell of roasting chicken, the proud owners of prestigious boutiques would burst out screaming.
I looked for the information board inside the building, but I couldn’t find it either. Ah, again I wonder if I will be late for my appointment.
I vaguely realized: maybe she got East and West wrong.

Why does information depth matter?
Astrology is not to be underestimated, but its detrimental effects are too great. We should not rely heavily on the relevance of information.
Rather, I think we should focus on the depth of each piece of information. Focus on individual depth, not multiple associations. It’s not astrology.

I rushed into the eastern entrance of the huge building and hurried westward along a corridor lined with fashionable boutiques. It seems to me that I am the only out of place visitor.
I suspect that maybe she is making fun of me. When I was in a hurry to think of such a thing, that smell came.
Oh, the smell of roasting dried chicken.

Kherson: Russia to evacuate civilians from occupied region as Ukraine advances - BBC News
Kherson: Russia to evacuate civilians from occupied region as Ukraine advances - BBC News… He urged them to “save themselves” by going to Russia for “leisure and study”, …

That’s all for today’s post. Thank you

Showing posts matching

Comments