Skip to main content

How to walk near a stopped vehicle?

I knew for a long time that I shouldn’t get close to them.....

As usual, I put my earphones on my ears and walked while listening to my favorite music. The only thing that’s a little different than usual is that the hood of the hoodie covered my head.

cross
road
move
go
car
walk
stop

What should a vehicle do when people are passing nearby?

In the middle of the day, as I crossed the road, I saw a car moving so slowly that I couldn’t tell if it was going or stopped.
If the car is going to stop, I walk in front of it, and if it is going to move forward, I wait for the car to leave.
The car didn’t seem to move, but I walked behind the car and crossed the road.
Rather, when people are walking, cars traveling nearby should drive slowly, right?
And as I was walking on the sidewalk, a car approached me. I didn’t realize that the car was the one I came across earlier.

It is a common point

but with the spread of digital technology and the enhancement of various Internet services, we have realized a dream-like life.
In particular, the commercialization of video distribution services will establish a new video platform. Televisions and cinemas are now a thing of the past.
Now we don’t have to worry about the broadcast time to watch TV shows. Also, it is no longer necessary to collect paper media unnecessarily. We can obtain various information as moving images at a convenient time.
Certainly, video can be the king of content. It is concrete to represent, and a huge amount of information is condensed in a short time.

However, I would like to point out

that accepting videos as a source of information has some negative effects. I suspect that hearing is underestimated.
In other words, acoustics are less often used as a source of information.
Since the video reproduces the reality as it is, it is not easy to think about something from it. But voice is an imperfect trace, so we imagine the meaning behind it.
Therefore, audio content develops the user’s imagination. Video content destroys the user’s imagination.


“Hey! Why don’t you get on?”
Those who wear earphones and hoods will often experience this.
My acquaintance found me wandering around the intersection and was calling out to me.
But I could only hear music, so I was rude to them.
For the time being, I pretended to be in a hurry, pulled my head out of the hood, removed my earphones from my ears, and gave them some vague replies.
Because I didn’t mean to get in the car. I knew for a long time that I shouldn’t get close to them.

How the latest and greatest Samsung and Apple earbuds lock you into their world - The Verge
How the latest and greatest Samsung and Apple earbuds lock you into their world - The Verge… While I can happily use the iOS companion app to tweak and update last year’s Buds Live, …

That’s all for today’s post. Thank you

Comments